Friday 16 September 2011

DAD

I never had a dad
To worry about who I date
To dislike the random guy tryna take his place
To protect me in that way
To warn me of the perils of his kind
To snatch out the thoughts of laying with that guy
I never had a dad
Who loved me more than his emotional attachment
Who’s ‘I love you’ turned into action
I never had that
 I thought I would never miss it
But in hindsight
I needed it
Needed that firm look,
That sentimental smile that
Awkward ‘so is there any guy’ type convo
To reassure me
That relationships with men
Go beyond the physical
Surpass the natural and have consequences
I never knew that
I never knew that man whom I looked up to
Who was the standard for all who dared to approach
The one in whom my heart could boast
Of His patience, His character, His hugs
But I did have a dad
Who rarely fulfilled his role
Who loved with his words
And not forgetting his cash
I knew a stranger in him.
And a familiar one at that.
I never had a dad
Until I knew a Father
 who
Loved me beyond my selfishness
who sacrificed all that was
precious
 to lavish his love upon ME
I never had a Dad until
God himself saved me
And now I long to know my Dad

(God is that personal) (I hope this first draft encourages hearts. There is hope in God to restore a broken heart.)



@Gee_Official






No comments:

Post a Comment