Thursday 28 July 2011

Day Three: Chapter Three : Has Anyone Seen Love?

I been standing in the Church with my knees below the dirt,
Paid Tithes,
prayed Christ,
please show me I've got worth,
Because they tell me that I'm saved but your Gospel's kinda changed,
Judas is on the pulpit and Peter don't mind denying you,
Sorry I lied,
Caesar’s still on the pulpit giving everyone a right to choose,
And it's no longer Clear because everyone is ‘repping you’,
So they tell me Jesus is Love and Love is in the Church,
but every time I walk away there's one thing that I learn,
Your people claim to be your people but they don't care about the people,
so How do you claim you Love an Invisible King,
But can't even be there for His Visible friends,
so I'm standing in the dust with my stick inside the mud,
writing out "Has anybody seen Love?",

Apparently the hood don't really love me, and my friends are seen as worldly,
but as worldly as they are there's a number that would take a bullet for me,
and that ain’ t metaphorical,
family that's the life,
it's not egotistic or pride,
growing up knowing one day you’re gonna die,
But all many care about is wealth, health and a long life
sometimes it feels like they don't believe Christians should die,
like Martyrs are just a youtube vid and even though they’re someone who loved the Christ,
We’re content with this Gospel that only leads to an earthly paradise,
 feels like everyman for themselves that's why I haven't seen my pastor or any1 from my 1st church in a long time,
and the hood are moving snakey too,
they set my lil' man up n now he's serving 2(years)
so I look left to the church and see some people that couldn't hack the hood, Rapping like they were on it but really they only gospel Mc's because they were fully shook,
then I look to the hood and see uncertainty in how they look,
so I'm standing in the dust with my stick inside the mud, writing out "Has anybody seen Love?"

And it feels like everyone can point out a scripture for this thing called Love,
n everyone else can tell me put your faith in this King they trust,
and I'm sick of using all His people as excuses,
but if this Word is where the truth is,
besides the old school grammar and the new wardrobe I'm going to have to be up n ruthless,
just a Bunch of Re-Quoting part-time happy people that if it came down to life or death, 30 gold cold coins all I can see are Pharisees with Judas,
 Everyone will let me down one day or another,
but crying to yourself ain’ t gonna change the way you suffer, so as many time as you’re standing in the dust with your stick inside the mud, writing out "Has anybody seen Love?". . .
You need to Look at how you Live, forget others n think about what YOU give, because as much as people turn their back on u for the way you live,
you can show love no matter what you receive,

so next time you’re standing in the dust with your stick inside the mud, 
WRITE out "Does anybody Need Love?" - Make the Difference. 

Follow Nego True on Twitter @NegoTrue

No comments:

Post a Comment